Sometimes you just need to chat with someone. We’re always available if you’d like to contact us.
- Problems with using the installer
- If you need to upgrade, downgrade, or uninstall the extension, please refer to this issue
which details common problems and solutions when using the installer.
- I created a new repository with the GitHub Extension for Visual Studio, but I don't know where it is.
- New repositories are created in the path set in your Visual Studio Git Settings. To access these settings, from the Team Explorer Home section, click "Settings" and "Global Settings".
- I tried to upgrade the extension, but got the following error message, "The extension 'GitHub Extension for Visual Studio' requires administrative privileges in order to be uninstalled." What do I do?
- Close Visual Studio and run it again by right clicking on the Visual Studio icon and click "Run as administrator." This should allow you to upgrade the extension.
- Where can I set the default path for cloning and creating repositories?
- The Default Repository Path setting can be found in the Git Settings area. From the Team Explorer Home section, click "Settings" and "Global Settings" to access it.
- Where can I find the log files?
- The extension writes to log files at
- Who do I contact if I run into issues or have a great feature idea?
- Please open an issue in the repository, or contact contact support and we'll do our best to get you squared away.
- How can I try beta versions of the extension, or install an earlier version?
You can add a custom gallery to Visual Studio by going to
Tools \ Options \ Extensions and Updates and adding a new entry with the following url: https://visualstudio.github.com/releases/feed.rss
You can then browse the available versions available on this custom gallery in
Tools \ Extensions and Updates \ Online \ GitHub